Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Beattitudes Store & The Beatitudes of the Bible


 My personal Love for the Beatitudes came while reading the Bible during some personal losses or trials. As I sat reading the verses I realized that they were saying live a humble life, be kind, caring, forgivng and all though we may mourn losses in our lives one day will come where the pain and sorrow will be forever gone.
   The Beatitudes also clearly stated that when we stand up for what we believe in such as peace, abortion, a moral value or when we speak of Christ in daily conversations we will be judged or persecuted. We must remember God's promises in spite of persecution or hard times.
I do my very best to live my life according to the Beatitudes never allowing myself to hide my faith or who I really am in fear of being judged by others. 
My store name Beattitudes Gifts  and is a reflection of God's Promises and also a reminder of the way that I should conduct myself each and every day.

WHAT DOES BEATITUDES MEAN OR WHERE DOES IT COME FROM 
         Matthew 5:3-12

The word "beatitude" comes from the Latin beatitudo, meaning "blessedness." The phrase "blessed are" in each of the beatitudes implies a current state of happiness or well-being. The expression held powerful meaning of "divine joy and perfect happiness" to the people of the day.
In other words,Jesus was saying "divinely happy and fortunate are" those who possess these inward qualities. While speaking of a current "blessedness," each pronouncement also promises a future reward.

 

 

 


 


"Blessed are 
the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn,
for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,
for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful,
for they shall obtain mercy.

    Blessed are the pure of heart,
      for they shall see God. Blessed are the   peacemakers,
for they shall be called children of  God.

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. superb post thanks for sharing.. i like it.. nice photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have always persevered and have inspired me in many ways, all by the grace and glory of our Lord.

    You have opened your ears and your heart, as the Great Almighty Lord called your name and requested His fine works through you.

    For this I pray…
    May our Heavenly Father bless you tenfold for each person you have touched in His holy name, and again another tenfold for those that you have brought to Him because of your fine works. I ask in the name of Jesus my Lord, that you be blessed by His grace & glory, for it will rain down upon you, each day. Amen

    Ephesians 3:20: Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us

    ReplyDelete